*We are not accepting new CHP/Kaiser clients at this time. We recommend massage therapist Samantha Hargrove.
In network with:
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon
- Pacific Source
- MVA (all auto/car insurance plans)
- Health savings card (HSA)
Insurance must be verified before your first appointment or you will be responsible for payment at time of service.
Questions to ask your insurance company about your massage coverage:
- Do I have insurance coverage for massage therapy that can be performed by an Licensed Massage Therapist not working under/or with a chiropractor, or physical therapist?
- Do I need a prescription or a referral?
- Is massage therapy subject to my deductible?
- How many total visits do I have for massage? Is the number of visits shared with any other care like acupuncture or physical therapy?
When scheduling an insurance-covered massage, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Some plans may only cover massage if it is conducted with or by a chiropractor or physical therapist.
- Some plans require a prescription.
- Some plans require you to have met your deductible before massage is covered.
- We can always bill your insurance then reimburse or give you a credit if they pay.
MVA (MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT) MASSAGE
If you were involved in an auto accident in the State of Oregon, your medical expenses are covered up to $15,000 and more. It’s called PIP insurance (personal injury protection) and is part of every insurance policy written in the State of Oregon.
You are entitled to receive massage treatment, and it’s your legal right to choose the Oregon Licensed Massage Therapist you want to work with. The auto insurance will cover the costs of the massage treatment.
It is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after an MVA. Prior to seeking massage, your primary care physician (MD) or chiropractic physician( DC) must evaluate the extent of structural, nerve and internal/external injuries. Once you have ascertained you have no injuries that need to be treated by a medical doctor, you can discuss treatment options
Massage can be very beneficial to your injury recovery. Start as soon as possible to minimize the negative effects of your injuries.
Prior to coming in for your appointment for Auto Injuries
- Obtain a prescription for Massage Therapy. You can get one from an MD or a DC. In order for your massage to be covered by a licensed massage therapist, the prescription must state a diagnosis (i.e, cervical strain and sprain), the number of treatments prescribed, and a 97124 cpt code.
- Collect insurance information as follows:
Insurance company name, address and phone number.
Incident claim number.
Adjustor’s name and phone number.